Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Music | Pop Culture : #3 My Top Ten of 2010 - Albums

**Corrections have been made to this since the original posting. Author failed to realize that two very important records to him in 2010 were actually released in 2010. No offense to Girl Talk and Vampire Weekend, but they should know themselves that the Local Natives and Morning Benders put out far better records than they did this year.**
I am not going in to why I chose these 10 records because that would be a lengthy and rather boring blog for you my readers. If you know me, you know that I love music and that I don't listen to undesirable music. If you don't have any of these records (or can't afford to purchase records these days), and you would like to listen to them or like a copy contact me, and we can work out something.


1. So Runs the World Away by Josh Ritter

2. Suburbs by Arcade Fire

3. Winter of Mixed Drinks by Frightened Rabbit

4. Transference by Spoon

5. Wild Hunt by the Tallest Man on Earth

6. Big Echo by the Morning Benders

7. High Violet by the National

8. Gorilla Manor by the Local Natives

9. American Slang by the Gaslight Anthem

10. Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons


Just missing the cut:

Astro Coast by
Surfer Blood

Work by Shout Out Louds

Brothers by the Black Keys

This Is Happening by LCD Soundsystem

Infinite Arms by Band of Horses

The Brutalist Brick by Ted Leo & the Pharmacists

Note: Kanye's record would be on this list probably if I had heard it before this publishing, so don't ask me how I forgot to put it on this list. I still don't think it will crack my top five.

No comments: